As for history, DiaSys has gone a step by step approach in India, each step enabling a further success in its road map to become a key partner providing human in vitro diagnostics solutions to Indian laboratories and hospitals.
1995 - 2000: The first DiaSys reagents were sold in India by a distributor named Cadila.
2000 - 2004: DiaSys India was created through the form of a Joint venture with local partners.
2004 - 2014: In order to develop its IVD business Piramal decided to take over the DiaSys Joint Venture and develop further the DiaSys presence in India, expanding the portfolio to additional synergistic solutions.
15th of September 2014: DiaSys establishes DiaSys India company (100% DiaSys owned subsidiary) based in Mumbai taking over the entire IVD business from Piramal.
The new DiaSys business covers
- Lab Diagnostics with the original DiaSys products and Immunology reagents from Green Cross, Korea complementing the customer offering.
- Point-of-Care Testing includes a whole range of rapid tests, hand held meters and table top devices; this new range of products will be promoted internationally supporting DiaSys entry into this field, hence creating the DiaSys point-of-care hub out of DiaSys India. Also the POCT R&D setup in India would further strengthen the POCT portfolio for instant diagnosis.
The DiaSys India offices are located at strategic locations across India:
- The head office in Mumbai (Mahape - Navi Mumbai) covering all management and back office functions as well as the customer support, but also the R&D center with wet as well as dry labs. The DiaSys India R&D Center has highly competent experts in the fields of electrochemical biosensor/immunosensor, microfluidics and takes over the responsibility to design and develop innovative quality point-of-care solutions.
- The factory in Navi Mumbai with the current capacity to manufacture 1 million rapid tests per month, as well as chemistry and hematology reagents; this factory will expand as the company rolls out its new plans.
- The logistics center in Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata for goods dispatch, service center as well as regional managements.
DiaSys India will expand the presence of its quality IVD solutions in India but also will take the responsibility to develop a pillar in the DiaSys Group strategy based on superior point-of-care solutions.
DiaSys in India is guided by the same culture, principle and standards as the German headquarters: quality and reliability in the products, but also in its overall services supplied to its customers.